The f/64 Challenge is a chance for you to showcase your photographic interest and work. The interpretation of Challenge themes are left up to the individual photographer.
History of the f/64 movement
(a New York Times article)
f/64 Challenge Rules
1. Voting is open ONLY to active Shutterbug members unless otherwise noted.
2. The image submitted must be taken within one (1) calendar year from the starting date of that Challenge unless otherwise noted and may only be submitted only once during the current Challenge Year.
3. In order to maintain anonymity, an f/64 Challenge submitter must not post the
picture on social media from the 1st of the month of the Challenge until voting is complete.
(This new rule was voted on by the Board of Directors in October, 2018.)
4. JPEG Images submitted into the Challenge should be sized at 1440 pixels on their longest side at 150 dpi. If you are not certain how to properly size your image, submit a large image file and upon receipt, we will resize it for you.
5. Images submitted will be acknowledged individually upon receipt. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within 24 hours of submission please contact me immediately. Every attempt will be made to include a missing image into the Challenge if we are notified within a 24 hour window at the start of any Challenge voting period.
6. Image editing software is permitted in all f-64 Challenges unless otherwise noted.
7. You may not vote for your own image. This is predicated on the theory that cream will always rise to the top. This element was enacted to eliminate vote padding for year end totals. (See also: Rule 7)
8. Voting will include four (4) weighted votes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Honorable Mention. Each vote must be cast for a different picture however, you have the option of NOT casting a vote in any one or more of the four choices.
9. Each member will receive one participation point for each month they enter an image into the Challenge.
10. Each member may only vote once during each monthly Challenge. If two or more ballots are cast, only the last one received will be recognized.
11. In the event of a tie, the image receiving the greater number of 1st place votes will determine the winner. In the event that a tie still remains, 2nd, 3rd and Honorable Mention ranking will be used to determine the winner. This tie breaker rule will also apply if needed to our year long contest.
12. Winners will be recognized at our General Monthly Meetings and acknowledged in our monthly newsletter.
13. Year end recognition will be awarded to the images receiving the greatest number of points during this year long Challenge event. All first place winning images will be voted upon by the Board-of-Directors. The winning image will be recognized as “Picture-of-the-Year.
14. Submission of images in the f-64 Challenge may be used in our Shutterbug newsletter and may be used for educational purposes and in our “Image Analysis” and “Image Adjustments” column. Credit will be given to the photographer for any image/s used.
Submit Your Entries To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2018 Hampton Roads Digital Shutterbug Club